For many newbies, running a digital store may seem complicated. Choosing the right platform and going into details of a proper promotion strategy is a responsible moment at the start. We are here to present the WooCommerce platform and explain how you can use WooCommerce SEO to make Google love your store.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin designed for those who want to build an eCommerce store. This platform has a solid and productive foundation of WordPress, so you can realise the potential that the most popular and effective content management system offers to you while creating your unique eCommerce space.
WooCommerce inherits useful WordPress features that you can implement on your website. It is an open-space platform where every detail is fully customisable, so as a result, you will have a functional one-of-a-kind digital store.
Additionally, WooCommerce adopts the SEO-friendliness of WordPress, which means you immediately get a set of built-in optimisation features. But do you really need to get into SEO and perform it in your store? What are the advantages of SEO WooCommerce? Let us dive deeper into search engine optimisation and what you will get from it.
The Value of WooCommerce SEO
Search engine optimisation helps people across the net improve the performance of their blogs, websites, and digital stores. SEO tools and means aim at interaction with search engines, which can help you reach your business goals.
Here is what the magic of WooCommerce SEO can do for your store:
- Better user experience. You optimize a website or a store guided by search engine rules. However, as a result, you will have a space that is easy and comfortable to use: an intuitive interface, fast page speed, informative content, pleasant design, etc. The better SEO you provide, the more visitors will get satisfaction later on.
- Improve your ranking. The ultimate goal of SEO is letting Google notice you and improve your rankings in search results and thus make your website visible to a larger number of users.
- Increase sales. The better traffic inflow you get, the more people you can convert into leads. Along with other positive side effects of optimization, your visitors will more likely tend to buy your products or pay for your service.
- Enhance the authority of your store. By having your store on top of search results, you will increase the trustworthiness, authority, and overall reputation of your website. That is a fertile ground for productive partnerships.
- Make the outcomes last longer. Unlike other marketing methods, SEO has middle- to long-term effects. It is a systematic approach that requires constant effort investments, but after all, you will enjoy your results for a longer time.
As mentioned above, WooCommerce has a great SEO basis. However, you can take a step further and enhance your optimisation performance. How can you improve and sustain the SEO WooCommerce space to make Google rank you higher and provide high-quality organic traffic? Read on to discover the 5 best tips on how to enhance WooCommerce SEO for your website.
5 Steps to Optimise Your WooCommerce Store
1. Work on WordPress Setup
As long as WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin, make sure you adjust this system for SEO. For that, using special extensions may be helpful. You can try out a popular Yoast SEO plugin to create a credible SEO basis for your further work.
2. Optimise Your Product Page
Optimising each component of your product page will increase your chances to get visible in Google queries. Work on the following parts of your page:
- Product SEO title and URL;
- Meta descriptions;
- Categories and WooCommerce tags.
If all these components comply with basic SEO requirements, you will already improve your optimisation drastically.
3. Consider Adding Alt Text to Your Images
Even product images can become an object of WooCommerce SEO. Alt text attracts visitors who use image search. Moreover, it is an SEO signal for Google, as its initial aim is to help users quickly find what they are looking for. Alt text is a great place for keywords, too, if it describes the product comprehensively.
4. Provide Technical SEO
Whether you work on WooCommerce SEO or SEO for Shopify a store, technical optimisation is a must. A clear website structure, simple navigation and WooCommerce search in the store, intuitive design, a higher page speed, and mobile optimisation are obligatory SEO components. Not only are they crucial for Google rankings but they also make it easier and more satisfying for your visitors to scroll your WooCommerce store.
Take Care of Security
A good SEO specialist will always insist on proper security control for your store. First, this will enhance your reputation and will never harm your visitors. Second, Google always strives to create a safe space for Internet users. If your website is insecure, this can lead to dramatic consequences like Google penalties.
What Comes Next?
After you perform these basics of WooCommerce SEO, you will have a great basis for your further work. Never hesitate to learn more about this process, check for more details to cover other aspects of SEO for your store.
Effective optimisation means constant improvement and looking for more opportunities. Do not forget about the basics of website SEO, learn on tmcnet.com about backlinks, and get a professional consultation if you are feeling stuck. WooCommerce SEO is all about effort and consistency, but the results will be impressive!